Experiment No. 6
A New Revelation?
-- What Others Are Saying --
March 22, 2017 - Denmark
1. Do you believe there exists information about the life of Jesus that is true, but not contained in The Bible? Why or why not? Yes, simply because so much of Jesus life is missing from the bible. His life and teaching was much greater than what the bible present. The words within the bible, cant satisfy the many hungry souls of to day. 1800 years with the bible illustrate this.(no matter the dispute of its origin) The Urantia Book explain this quite detailed.....how the true living teaching of Jesus was transformed into the frozen beliefs in tradition, doctrines and rituals. The socalled christen church has failed to present our Father (God) and his love to mankind. The christen monopoly and patent of Jesus by the pope and his gang of fundamentalists. has reveled the dark side of mans nature., contrary to the loving side of human charity.
2. Is it possible that angels commissioned by the glorified Christ could have provided a detailed account of the life and ministry of Jesus of Nazareth? Why or why not? Yes, the confusion about Jesus is of such a huge dimension tat a new much more detailed story was needed to be told.
3. Do you think its time, after 2,000 years, for a further revelation of God’s purpose for mankind? Why or why not? Yes, The Urantia Book is the update. To expand the human mind with its spirit, soul and personality. The religious "program" from the bible is simply not enough to feed the hungry souls of present days human
4. How do you think 21st century society could benefit from a fuller account of Jesus life and ministry? By sharing (dissemination) knowledge, understanding and wisdom over time..Million of people will benefit from a uplift of consciousness, an expansion of awareness and an enlarge enlightenment of truth..this will in due time help mankind and his civilization to progress to a semi divine level of a spiritual utopia, on its way to the establishment of Light and Life. One can in a humoristic way say the Urantia Book is a spiritual divine stimulation as related to the way we humans relate (consume) religious concepts and seek, search and digest (contemplate) divinity. The Urantia Book is, can be considered many things, a spiritual guide book to heaven, - or a mortal mans "first class" (earth life) school book (as children of a loving Father. - or as a cleaning detergent of minds, a purifier off sediment, dirt, impurities and other things stored in the mind (the confusion) of cosmic reality, truth and our Fathers Love.
March 8, 2016 - Alabama USA
I must inform you that I have been reading the Urantia book for something like 8 years, and have read it cover to cover 3 or 4 times, and each time my understanding has increased another level. I have also read the Bible cover to cover, and studied it in depth for many years since childhood. I will address the 4 questions you ask for this section, and will endeavor to keep them brief.
1. Do you believe there exists information about the life of Jesus that is true, but not contained in The Bible? Why or why not? Yes, I absolutely do, because I've read the Urantia. Everything in the book about Jesus' life and character is consistent with the Bible. Furthermore, the Urantia is written from a perspective that NO human or group of humans could have written from. WE, having our origin right here on earth, and indeed our only experience (so far) right here, can ONLY think from here outward. The Urantia is written from the perspective of Heaven downward to the earth. That constitutes a form of validation of the Urantia to be exactly what it claims it is.
2. Is it possible that angels commissioned by the glorified Christ could have provided a detailed account of the life and ministry of Jesus of Nazareth? Why or why not? We have very short lives on earth, intense but short. Those men who had direct contact with Christ could only write about their own personal experiences with him, and from their limited perspectives and understanding. There are angelic beings who have been continuously stationed on earth since before the creation of man. They are the real historians of earth because they lived it, they were eyewitnesses, not particularly studiers of what others have seen. Just like us, individually they only personally know that which they experienced directly because they, just like us, can only be in one place at a time. But taken as a group, they have seen everything that has ever occurred on earth. The Urantia book gives a year by year account of Jesus' life from birth until his ascension.
3. Do you think its time, after 2,000 years, for a further revelation of God’s purpose for mankind? Why or why not? We live in a very crucial time in the development of man and our efforts to advance civilization. We've done well up until now even though we sustained some major setbacks in the march of civilization, such as the fall of Rome leading directly to the Dark Ages, and the tremendous loss of accumulated knowledge up to that time. Now, however, science and technology have far outstripped either philosophy or religion. We now have the power to destroy all human life from off the planet, that is crucial, will we do it or not? Science has done much to dispel superstition, while most religions have become so petrified in their dogmas that they only accept change when forced to.
Ever since Nietsche, at least, there have been those who are claiming the death of God and religion and stridently assert that science does not require the existence of a Creator, "therefore there is no God", which of course is false. Yes, we need a new Revelation of truth on earth, and we need a whole cadre of people who can take that Revelation and break it down for the average man to understand, hence the giving of the Urantia book to humanity. This is not the first Revelation of truth on earth. Our Planetary Prince was sent here to reveal something about God to us, but he rebelled against God which resulted in earth being thrown into confusion and darkness. Then Melchizedek came to prevent the extinguishing of what light remained, then Christ came to reveal the Heavenly Father and show us that we are sons of God. Now comes the Urantia book to revivify the the life and message of Christ and to add new understanding heretofore unknown on earth with a brightened clarity.
4. How do you think 21st century society could benefit from a fuller account of Jesus life and ministry? For one thing, it will ultimately dispose of the doctrines and dogmas that have crept in "unawares" diverting us from a straight, clean, and pure path to unity with God. The earth is under "spiritual supervision", and though it is exceedingly hard to realize it from our tribulations and sorrows on earth, the universe is a FRIENDLY PLACE filled with the Love of God, for "God IS Love".
August 18, 2015 - Bognor Regis, West Sussex, England UK
1. Do you believe there exists information about the life of Jesus that is true, but not contained in The Bible? Why or why not? I have always suspected that there is more information about Jesus other than from the Bible. After all, why would there be only 3 and 1/2 years of information of the most influential man on earth recorded from when he reached 30 onwards? To make the excuse that he is only of interest when he reaches 30 years old (the age at wish you officially become a 'man' under Jewish law) is not good enough.
2. Is it possible that angels commissioned by the glorified Christ could have provided a detailed account of the life and ministry of Jesus of Nazareth? Why or why not? Angels are certainly capable of recording every minute detail of a person's life, even all their idiosyncrasies, so it's not unreasonable to assume that they have done so, although this would have been carefully obliterated by the 'God' of this world during the selection of the Bible Canon just after the apostasy.
3. Do you think its time, after 2,000 years, for a further revelation of God’s purpose for mankind? Why or why not? It has been a long time coming for the next contact from our Creator. Also this would settle the issue of authenticity of the scriptures.
4. How do you think 21st century society could benefit from a fuller account of Jesus life and ministry? We need more details of Jesus's life to be able to appraise his character and to assess whether this ties in with his last few recorded years as shown in the scriptures.
June 29, 2015 - Scotsburn, Nova Scotia, Canada
Is it possible that angels commissioned by the glorified Christ could have provided a detailed account of the life and ministry of Jesus of Nazareth? Why or why not?
Many older Urantia Book readers have crystallized the revelation papers into an intellectual and static idea. Their attitude is nothing can be added or taken away from this idea of the revelation papers. They look upon any who claim to have been inspired by a personal spiritual messenger or the angel of God assigned their watchcare to be channelers of evil spirits. As you have well stated in your article they actually believe that no further messages have been forthcoming from the hosts of heaven since the arrival of the revelation and that evil spirits are more successful than divine messengers. Even though the revelation clarifies that all evil spirits have been removed from Urantia with the exception of the fallen Prince of this world and his assistant because they are a component unit of the material creation and cannot be removed until man finally rejects them.
Rather then live each moment depending upon the good spirit of truth for the discernment of truth they avoid the mental uncertainty necessary for spiritual progress and it's increasing auto and epochal revelations to the citizens living in this day and generation who per chance may be willing to receive what other generations have rejected. Thus they miss and reject the revelations of God that flash on earth in the lives of all those who "like the Master and for the Father" are revealing God to their fellows. They fail to understand the parable of the talents and the Master's proclamation there is no standing still in the Kingdom of God.
The revelation contains many narratives of personal auto revelations throughout the history of our world. They make a point to articulate when such an event took place. Eg. John the Baptist prophecies about Jesus. The shepherd lad hears his angel. The blind man's testimony before the Sanhedrin in defense of Jesus. The prophet who saw the son of man. (Book of Enoch ) Joseph's dream. Zachariah's dream. The many spiritual communications the Master received in his personal life should be the goal of every man woman and child on this earth.
May 2, 2015 - Las Vegas, Nevada USA
1. Do you believe there exists information about the life of Jesus that is true, but not contained in The Bible? Why or why not? I approached the question with personal experience - that being a natural disaster that wiped out all records and photos and other personal, one of a kind "information" that documented my birth and life. In the past 2,000 years, there has been a lot of destruction of human records. Whether because of wars or natural disasters (hurricanes, volcanos, earthquakes, floods, fires, etc.) a lot of documentation has been destroyed. And when you delve into what has survived, you find a lot that is a fetishistic attachment to material proof that does nothing to preserve the spiritual truth taught by Jesus.
2. Is it possible that angels commissioned by the glorified Christ could have provided a detailed account of the life and ministry of Jesus of Nazareth? Why or why not? I always asked, "Why did Jesus not write anything down...?" Are we not in the age of communication? What better time to set the record straight, so to speak, than now when the internet is full of wild speculation and vicious gossip deployed as a psychological tactic for power over others!
3. Do you think its time, after 2,000 years, for a further revelation of God’s purpose for mankind? Why or why not? The Spirit of Truth has always been with us. Isn't it fair that "modern" means of communication are utilized by the good guys, also?
4. How do you think 21st century society could benefit from a fuller account of Jesus life and ministry? The origin, purpose and destiny of Human Life is the same as it was from the beginning. Jesus lived a perfect human life, spiritually. We could use a little more spiritual understanding to evaluate where the materialists are taking us - to a planet inhabited by robots attending to the whims of the "rich", plutocrats like the 480 USA citizens who are worth a collective total of 2.08 TRILLION $$$$s.
FROM THE AUTHORS: It does appear that man is being led to an unappealing future. However, we believe that the original, authentic teachings of Jesus will prevail and man will have the glorious future purposed by the Universal Eternal Father.
December 23, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - AGREE
Hi brothers, I fully expect that Jehovah would approve of such an advanced expression of his love for his children of today and this has been a thought in my mind for some time now. Just imagine another 200 or 500 years with no new conversation between God and man. It just doesn't seem fair. I'm also a glass half full type of person in the belief that since the days of Jesus we are slowly getting better as a people. I realize many who are reading this comment are saying, what does this have to do with the Experiment. Well the connection is made if your readers remember from the sister site, AnointedJW.org, in the Bringing Heaven Down series about Jesus being with mankind til the end, and you postulated that "the end" was the end of suffering, wars, hatred...etc. So if you think anything like me, that would mean that we're going to be here for awhile so that being said, don't you all then see the need for a new revelation, something to bring man into new frontiers of living and so forth? Of course I understand this would upset many waiting on Armageddon but if we as followers of Jesus live and look at people and the earth as he did, then we should welcome any manna from heaven.
December 22, 2014 - New York, New York, USA - AGREE
Hello brother and sister, I wanted to express my warm feelings and my long held hope that Jehovah would send new expressions of encouragement that would spring us followers forward in our wholesouled worship today and this type of talk is what we need to start such a positive movement that will make the believers of the 21 century relevant. So thank you for your bold approach and may the loving heavenly Father guide your faith and courage.
December 21, 2014 - Santa Cruz, California USA - AGREE
Let me chime in about Experiment #6. Wow, wow, wow, what a pearl of high value you've delivered with the possibilities of a New Revelation, and boy could we use one so we can get off the proverbial treadmill. So Bravo dear friends.
December 21, 2014 - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AGREE
Hello Dear friends you never cease to amaze! Your questions are thought provoking and they deserve serious consideration because just imagine a new revelation of truth and as you mention what if the Urantia Book is that Revelation? Mind you I'm not saying it is but what I've read, it’s a beautiful portrayal of Jesus entire life and I must say this about the fourth section that it's fascinating and a must read. I believe we sell God's ability to communicate way too short. I also believe a more accurate account of any historical event would be better told by angels who would tell the story faithfully not putting a twist on any scene to save face or over embellish the event. So I for one appreciate your effort to at least get a comprehensive discussion started. I also know that some will oppose the very idea of a new revelation of truth, but isn't that the very thing the Jews opposed when Jesus brought the New Wine? Hmm...
December 21, 2014 - Taos, New Mexico, USA - OPEN
I wanted to add a little more to clarify my earlier comment. I am not endorsing the Urantia Book nor saying all people should examine it. Rather only those whose internal teacher have directed them toward this book should do so. Most people have a very simplified view of reality and therefore think the Urantia Book has to fit in one of 3 possibilities. 1) It's a hoax written by some person or group of people. 2) It was given by demons. 3) It is a revelation from God. They may then reason after reading that it can't be the first possibility because of it's internal harmony or intricate reasonings. They may reason it can't be the second because it doesn't seem to favor Satan's agenda so it must be the third possibility. Then this new source gets elevated to a status nearing infallibility.
I do not deny that the Urantia book contains some truths but let me suggest another possibility to the 3 mentioned above. Perhaps because of certain biblical wording people tend to see intelligences beyond the physical realm as either being completely corrupt demons in Satan's service or pure angelical beings in God's service with nothing in between. I do not see it this way. I believe there are a range of intelligences beyond what we see with the physical eyes. Some of them are completely dedicated to evil. Some of them are well intentioned but ignorant of certain matters. Some want our attention which is a type of energy. And of course some of them are benevolent and wise and in God's service.
How do we tell the difference? It is simply a matter of developing internal discernment. There is no outer yardstick we can use. With practice we can sense the "vibration" of a certain teaching. God is unconditional love. The highest teaching vibrates with the energy of unconditional love. If the teaching vibrates with a lower frequency such as intricate sophisticated reasonings which appeal to the intellect it is a lower teaching but perhaps higher than the belief we currently have. If it appeals to emotions it is still lower.
FROM THE AUTHORS: As to your fourth possibility, we have read nothing in either the Bible or the Urantia Book to indicate that angels or angelic beings are lukewarm. They may have different levels of intelligence, but they are either faithful or unfaithful. They do not seem to be subject to the ambivalence that humans display. They are all workers, ministers, working for the benefit of man. They are either faithful at their job or they are not. So we believe a better way to state a fourth possibility is that the Urantia Book could be a book written by angels (not God) who gave their understanding of the matters covered in the book. That is what we propose it is, and, in fact, what the book identifies itself to be. It is not infallible. As the book explains, many of the subjects covered are hard to convey to the human mind so much of what is written is about as close as they could get to the true descriptions and explanations. Nevertheless, their approximation of matters serves to build spirituality and advance human society.
As to your explanation of how we can tell the difference between good and bad, we think you are describing, in a crude metaphysical way, how the Spirit of Truth works. It does cause a inner witness bearing when we are exposed to truthful matters. However, that bearing witness is greatly affected by the capacity of the reader to discern truth. Thus, two people can be exposed to the same information, but only one may experience the witness bearing. So in this matter, as set forth in the Experiment, we simply say that each of us should follow our own inner compass, our own internal witness bearing.
If the book does not ring true to some one, then the information is not for that person at that time. It could be their capacity to receive the information has not grown to a sufficient size to hold and comprehend the information, and therefore they could be stumbled. Or it could be that the information is simply not true. Either way, if each of us follows our own internal witness bearing, we will be fine. Thank you for your comment.
December 21, 2014 - Los Angeles, California, USA - AGREE
You done did it now! Dear wonderful brother and sister, have you lost your minds? Well before you answer please allow me to answer for you "Heck no! I'm simply living my Christianity out loud!" In all seriousness dear friends, this book entitled Urantia is the most comprehensive and the deepest collection of facts or best conceived theories I've ever read. When I think of the possibilities and the ‘what if's’ it feels my heart with hope. I will contact you friends soon after I've digested more fully the content so until then I wish you nothing but Jehovah's blessings and that He continues using you for the good of all peoples especially those related.
December 20, 2014 - New York, New York, USA - AGREE
Good Day to All, I've not read the book you speak of (the Urantia Book) in its entirety but what I will comment on is the portion on Jesus, his final days, the trial, and his resurrection, and it is astonishingly magnificent in its detailed step by step analysis that puts you front and center of what's taking place – listen to me, I mean what took place. It's a lot to chew on, this Urantia Book is not for the faint of heart or the lazy. But to answer your basic overall question regarding "the need for a new revelation" I'm in agreement with that because man seems to be running in place generation after generation being to afraid to allow God's spirit and the poured out spirit of Jesus to lead and to teach. So I'm of the mind "if they are not against us..." So bring it on brothers! It's time to grow up to the full stature of a man.
December 20, 2014 - Beverly, Ohio, USA - AGREE
Dear Christian Family, I say finally I applaud you in all your work and am most excited to hear more from you on the Urantia book. I discovered the book through your other web site (in research on your site). Anyway I have found so many good answers in it. It will be awesome to hear your gems of truth. So thank you so much! Your sister.
December 20, 2014 - Arlington, Texas - AGREE
Hello Family, this is a day for celebrating! As a Jehovah Witness, this would shock many in the congregation, but if you can get past your fear and the hypnotic influence they subject you to with their "don't read anything outside of our publications," you will find the Urantia Book very informative and enriching. Ever since I started reading it, I have not put it down because it's a book designed for "Jesus junkies." The book has answers to questions about his life, ministry, death, resurrection and what's to become of the earth and much, much more. But each person needs to examine it for themselves and draw their own conclusions. One thing is abundantly clear to me that there is not one thing in it to be fearful of. So I'm overjoyed that you’re opening this forward thinking dialogue. I hope people read it before they just automatically say its false or its from the devil or something on a knee jerk response. Yes brothers let's explore new frontiers!!
December 20, 2014 - Mount Shasta, California - AGREE
Dear Brothers, You have done like always, introduced something in such a way as to create a openness to look at something new, that many would just throw off in fear, but you have done this with the invitation of trust!
1. Do you believe there exists information about the life of Jesus that is true, but not contained in The Bible? Why or why not? Yes I do and the reason is just like many Jews will only believe the first 5 books of the Bible and reject the rest. They think that God only talked by Moses and when one has that kind of thinking they fail to get the benefit of the other books that God inspired the writers to write to lead mankind to him and get answers to questions. As a parent do we not keep in communication with our children as they grow and even when they have grown up? Yes! Mankind has grown a lot over the last 2000 years and if we limit our trust to only a group of writers in the past, we are acting just like the Jews that will not look at any thing but the first 5 books of the Bible. In fact we would be cutting ourself off from the fullness of the Fathers leading.
2. Is it possible that angels commissioned by the glorified Christ could have provided a detailed account of the life and ministry of Jesus of Nazareth? Why or why not? Yes it is, and not out of line as what has been done in the past. Why should that stop seeing how angels are very much a part in leading mankind to Jesus and the Father. Did they not tell the Shepherd's about his birth?
3. Do you think its time, after 2,000 years, for a further revelation of God’s purpose for mankind? Why or why not? Yes, in fact Jesus said he would be with us tell the end and so like a loving parent we are always in communication with our children and are there to help them in difficult times. So it would seem that Jesus would be there to help us and be providing information for us as the world settings have so changed. He would not fossilize his truths but would keep them alive and growing to help his children as they grow in understanding.
4. How do you think 21st century society could benefit from a fuller account of Jesus life and ministry? I think that such an account of Jesus would make Jesus more real to the world and not as some mystic person that lived a life that is hopeless for us to live. It would show just how he was just like us with many of the same challenges that we have to overcome in mastering the art of living. It would have an appeal for all humanity for his life religion is what we all long to be in our hearts and would love to see being practice by all.
December 2014 - Atlanta, Georgia USA - AGREE
I believe anything is possible with God and with that being said I truly believe that we sons on earth today need a new presentation or revelation of truth. I've read many sections of the Urantia Book and I'm going to perfectly honest with you, at first I thought it was going to be just another dead end apocrypha with some mumbo jumbo wording that no one would be able to understand, but boy was I wrong especially the section on Jesus. I found it to be fascinating from the word go! It amplified the Bible's shorthand stories on the life of Jesus. It gives fuel to your faith. I'm not going to throw my Bible away but with the Urantia Book as an aid, it enhances my understanding of the gospel accounts for sure. So I'm glad someone isn't afraid to explore what's available and what's sometimes hidden in plain view! Thank you for allowing me to share.
December 20, 2014 - USA - AGREE
Wonderful, thought provoking Experiment. I'm one who reads many nonbiblical information and I'm familiar with the book so after reading the experiment I googled the book and enjoyed it at least what I could understand, but I will say the chapters dealing with Jesus blew me away. I will probably contact you friends later on down the line but I'd like to thank you for presenting something new!
December 20, 2014 – Boston, Massachusetts – AGREE
1. Do you believe there exists information about the life of Jesus that is true, but not contained in The Bible? Why or why not? Yes I do! Out of the thousands of people who came into contact with Jesus surely more than the four gospel writers had something to write down about this remarkable personality.
2. Is it possible that angels commissioned by the glorified Christ could have provided a detailed account of the life and ministry of Jesus of Nazareth? Why or why not? Of course its possible! If one accepts that much of the bible came about through the inspiration of God to those writers, then I can see nothing that prevents a repeat of the same process for our 21st century civilization. The precedent has already been established.
3. Do you think its time, after 2,000 years, for a further revelation of God’s purpose for mankind? Why or why not? I believe we desperately need a further Revelation from God. Living conditions are dramatically different from the life that people lived over 2000 years ago. Life is so much more complex today. While scientific discovery has dispelled many superstitious myths, and has improved life for many, there is still much suffering in the world and there is still a spiritual longing that mankind still seeks and it is not being fully satisfied by having the Bible nor its current ministers.
4. How do you think 21st century society could benefit from a fuller account of Jesus life and ministry? We need to see Jesus as not simply an ancient Jewish prophet sent to help the Jewish people but a man for all times, all seasons and for all people. To have a fuller knowledge of what he had to say about man's relationship to God and each other and how he lived out that ideal might be the stimulus we need to bring about God's Kingdom here on earth. Perhaps he could show us were we went wrong in trying to live out his ideal. I am glad to see you have taken this bold approach into examining something fresh and new about the life of Jesus. Recently it was reported that Pope Francis was the initiating influence behind urging President Obama and officials of the Cuban government to get together to mend the breach between the two governments. President Obama said if we have been trying the same thing for 50 years and it has not worked that should be an indication we need to try something different. The two governments decided to take a new direction to resolve the stalemate and it is has opened the door to some wonderful possibilities. Opening ourselves up to a fresh approach to Jesus life and teachings as described in the Urantia Book after limiting ourselves to a 2000 year old approach may yield some wonderfully positive benefits for us all. Who knows maybe Jesus does have a new, fresh and inspiring message for us today.
December 20, 2014 - Taos, New Mexico – AGREE
It is good that all Christians begin to open their minds on this subject. The Bible undoubtedly contains truths but one must do a study on how it came to be. After doing this study it will be realized that it was never meant to occupy the place that it occupies it most Christian's minds. The Bible has become almost an idol. If we learn to listen to it we all have an internal teacher (the comforter). If we are open to its leadings this teacher will lead us to teachings that we need at the time to grow spiritually. This internal teacher will cause something in our interior to resonate with something we read and we will recognize truth. This truth is not necessarily the highest truth but it is a higher truth than we presently have and the teaching that we need at the time to progress. The internal teacher will gradually move us into unconditionality. That is to say unconditional love, unconditional forgiveness, unconditional joy etc. just like our Father. The Urantia book may be a step in this direction. As mentioned we of course should not just accept everything it says as the whole truth. Some people's internal teacher may lead them to this book because there is something they need to learn that it contains. Those that are open will then read it and will concentrate on the portions that resonate with them. They will recognize that the portions that resonate with them contain teachings that will serve as stepping stones. They will not accept these new teachings as infallible and thus close their minds to future teachings to which the comforter may lead them. They will recognize them for what they are, stepping stones to unconditionality.